Ending the marriage- the process to decree absolute
Financial issues in divorce- ancillary relief
Divorce and Pensions
Divorce advice for men
Divorce for non residents
DIY divorces
Timescale - quick divorce or not
Wills & divorce
Legal Aid











Prenuptial Agreements
Judicial Separation
Changing surnames
Civil partnerships


Legal Stuff
This is a UK based forum about divorce and related issues. Feel free to contribute. Your experiences or opinions may help others. The links on the left lead to basic information about most common divorce questions. The information opens in a separate window. You can use the search function to search the forum.
User: Log In Create A New Profile
Actions: New Topic Print View RSS
History: Home UK Divorce Forum
House issue (4 Posts)
Started By:
21 January, 2017 02:21PM
House issue
Meman - 21 January, 2017 02:21PM
My wife and i seperated a few years ago and last year the divorce was finalised. We sported things out quite amicably between us and I bought her out of the family house. We also sorted out the property by me taking on the mortgage in m,y name and a transfer of equity was done oputting the property into my name as a result.

I now want to sell the house and relocate with my new partner, question is if my ex wife finds out can she make any claim to the equity from the house given that it is now all in my name only.
Re: House issue
Andyk - 21 January, 2017 11:11PM
Did you finalise the divorce and tie all the finances up in a consent order? If you didn't then she might be able to come back to you and make a claim.
Re: House issue
Meman - 22 January, 2017 09:17AM
We didnt do it through the courts but we had our own agreement and she signed the transfer of equity paperwork
Re: House issue
Andyk - 22 January, 2017 09:33AM
Then you don't have a clean break order and she might be able to come back to you. I would get some legal advice.
Goto Topic: Previous Next

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.