Cohabitees
Judicial Separation
Changing surnames
Civil partnerships

Contact
Contact

Legal Stuff
Disclaimer
This is a UK based forum about divorce and related issues. Feel free to contribute. Your experiences or opinions may help others. The links on the left lead to basic information about most common divorce questions. The information opens in a separate window. You can use the search function to search the forum.
User: Log In Create A New Profile
Actions: New Topic Print View RSS
Search
History: Home UK Divorce Forum
Topic:
Shared Care Arrangement (2 Posts)
Started By:
Date:
08 January, 2017 05:39PM
Shared Care Arrangement
boyce57 - 08 January, 2017 05:39PM
Hi my wife and I are separated.

She moved out the family home into a rental with another guy she claims was a friend but they are now in a relationship. On a number of occasions we have agreed dates between us but she has not returned the children to me and I can't just forcefully take them from her house. She is also now dictating when I have them and although i know i could equally do the same, and even though she had them this week for a short holiday I had them last night and just reluctantly returned them to her even though I should be taking care of them this week as that would be fair.

Should I allow her to control the arrangements and then use her selfish attitude with the children against her when things go to court? Or should I play her at her own game?
Re: Shared Care Arrangement
davidterry - 10 January, 2017 07:10PM
Playing her at her own game is a mug's game. The best way to get good quality contact with children is by trying to maintain a good working relationship with the parent who has day to day care of the children. That isn't necessarily easy and it often does not happen overnight but in the long run that is what works best.

Looking after children on your own is hard work so often what works well is indifference. If your wife sees that it does not get to you then the children are less likely to be used as tools against you and you stand a better chance in the long run of having good quality contact.
Goto Topic: Previous Next

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.