Cohabitees
Judicial Separation
Changing surnames
Civil partnerships

Contact
Contact

Legal Stuff
Disclaimer
This is a UK based forum about divorce and related issues. Feel free to contribute. Your experiences or opinions may help others. The links on the left lead to basic information about most common divorce questions. The information opens in a separate window. You can use the search function to search the forum.
User: Log In Create A New Profile
Actions: New Topic Print View RSS
Search
History: Home UK Divorce Forum
Topic:
Acknowledgement of Service form D10(1) (7 Posts)
Started By:
Date:
29 March, 2012 12:05PM
Acknowledgement of Service form D10(1)
whatnext - 29 March, 2012 12:05PM
Does anyone know where I can get a downloadable version of the Acknowledgement of Service form D10(1) ?

Thanks.
Re: Acknowledgement of Service form D10(1)
davidterry - 29 March, 2012 02:45PM
And why should you want that? Many courts will only accept an original acknowledgment of service bearing the court seal. It is difficult to imagine why anyone should want or need a 'downloadable' version.
Burger - 29 March, 2012 03:03PM
Hmm, I've tried to find one a few times, to help people complete it. "How do I answer question 3?" is not particularly meaningful unless I can download the D10 and see what question 3 asls. I've never been able to find it.
whatnext - 29 March, 2012 04:45PM
davidterry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And why should you want that? Many courts will only accept an original acknowledgment of service bearing the court seal. It is difficult to imagine why anyone should want or need a 'downloadable' version.<

Thank you for your answer David, the reason I wanted one was that my handwriting is awful so I thought downloading and filling it in would be more presentable.

The D10(1) I have received a bears no seal or watermark and also it does not show my surname (just my Christian names). The Petition and Statement of arrangements for children both have a printed circle/emblem showing a town name at the top, the words County Court at the bottom and the Crown symbol in the middle, all in red ink; I guess that's a seal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/03/2012 04:51PM by whatnext.
davidterry - 29 March, 2012 06:26PM
You should use the one sent to you by the court. Many courts will refuse to accept anything else. It is kind of strange really because an 'acknowledgment of service' is just that. In principle that is something that could be done on the back of a cornflake packet, 'Yes, I am the petitioner, I have received the divorce petition and I do not intend to defend the divorce'. That is a pretty good acknowledgement of service but you would be wasting your time trying to get court staff to accept it. They insist on their 'form' and although some courts will accept a completed copy many will also insist that the document be the original as sent from the court. These are jobsworth things really but it is pointless arguing with court staff about it. You will never get anywhere.
whatnext - 29 March, 2012 07:09PM
I guess someone has made a mistake and sent me the wrong copy of an incorrectly completed form.
All I can do is fill in my part and take it to the court offices tomorrow and let them sort it out.

Thanks to all for the replies.
Burger - 30 March, 2012 09:25AM
Another point is that if you do send any kind of acknowledgement, such as a letter to your ex saying "I have received the petition and do not intend to contest it", then your ex can apply for deemed service using this letter as proof of service. In fact you don't even need to do that, if you simply do nothing and the petitioner has a process server serve the petition on you, they can use that too. It puts more onus/costs on the petitioner, but using the original D10 sent by the court is not strictly necessary, because a completed AoS is not strictly necessary for the divorce to proceed.
Goto Topic: Previous Next

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.